About Hanson College
Hanson College, established in 2001, is a private educational institution that delivers college diploma programs and language training programs to international students. Our three campuses are Toronto, Brampton in Ontario, and New Westminster in BC. Join Hanson to change life trajectories through education for generational impact in the global community.
We are hiring a Social Media and Communications Coordinator to work at our Ontario campuses.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, implement and evaluate the social media strategy and online presence for Hanson College.
- Create, edit and manage the content for print and online communication channels for both internal and external communications.
- Ensure the social media content is informative and appealing, and that key messages align with vital business strategies.
- Define the most important social media KPIs and measure the success of social media campaigns.
- Serve as the organization’s media liaison.
- Scan the media marketplace to keep up-to-date on the latest media trends.
- Provide support for new academic program launches.
- Appropriately create and manage the campus media budget.
- Keep abreast of the latest social media best practices and technologies and use social media marketing tools such as Hootsuite.
- Monitor SEO and user engagement and suggest content optimization.
- Communicate with students, industry professionals, and influencers via social media to create a strong network.
- Collaborate with the Enrollment, Student Services, and Alumni Coordinator to provide effective and timely communications to students and alumni.
- Collaborate with the Student Services department to plan, promote, and execute student events (e.g. convocation). Ensure achieve maximum student engagement via student events.
- Collaborate with the Alumni Coordinator to promote events and strengthen alumni relations.
- Participate in or organize events, promotional activities, presentations, or ceremonies on behalf of Hanson as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field with a record of professional accomplishment in social media, marketing and communication, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of two years of exposure in social media and digital marketing & communication experience with a proven track record of success.
- Excellent grasp of social media and website metrics
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Exceptional verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills in English.
- Team player with a client-centric mindset and positive attitude.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Previous experience in an academic setting is preferred.
Inclusion and Equal Employment Opportunity:
We are committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive, and accessible work environment. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings. If you require accommodation, don't hesitate to contact the Human Resources Department to make arrangements. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or other legally protected factors.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted by a Hanson College Recruiter directly from our organization.