Hanson Canada is an educational institution that delivers secondary, post-secondary and language training programs to international students. There are four campuses located in Toronto (Eglinton), Toronto (North York) and Brampton, Ontario and New Westminster, BC. We value innovation, creativity and collaboration and we believe in our brand: Hanson Canada.
Hanson is looking for a Registrar to work at our New Westminster Campus.
The Registrar manages staff within Hanson College BC, which provides a proficiency-based education to both traditional and online undergraduate students. This position requires a unique combination of strong leadership, technical, and interpersonal skills. The Registrar must create and maintain collaborative working relationships with institutional leadership, faculty, and staff and support Hanson College programs and policies as established by provincial, administrative, and academic entities. The Registrar acts as a central communication resource for academic and policy information related to student records management. The Registrar is responsible for the maintenance and integrity of the academic record. The Registrar reports directly to the Vice-President – Operations BC.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Oversees all operations in the registration process (record creation, course schedule building, classroom assignment, final exam scheduling, grade processing, transcript issuance, and student enrollment verification)
• Oversees all operations in the transfer credit process and prior learning credit process (evaluation of transcripts, posting of credit, processing and building of transfer credit following the BCCAT regulations
• Responsible for the development of the Academic Calendar, updating of the Registrar’s Office web site, and assists with the development and publication of the Hanson College BC Catalog
• Responsible for beginning of term (building of terms and sessions, term activating students, and assigning student appointments)
• Responsible for end of term (repeat/replace processing, academic action processes, communication with students related to academic actions)
• Responsible for enrollment and certificates/diplomas/degrees reporting
• Establishes and maintains collaborative and effective working relationships with a diverse group of leaders across the Hanson College, across the BC College and University systems and with peers at other colleges/universities
• Serves on various College committees and advisory groups
• Develops, evaluates, interprets, and enforces departmental, Hanson College policies, procedures, and strategies relative to the Hanson College strategic plan and academic mission
• Manages the fiscal affairs of the department, including budget development and priorities, exercises direct fiscal control over the approved budget
• Directs the activities of clerical staff; determines major personnel decisions including staffing needs and supervising the selection, training and evaluation of staff
• Enforces compliance with undergraduate catalog requirements as they pertain to the Registrar’s Office
• Participates in Commencement activities; certifies all student record documents related to degree completion and produces diplomas
• Ability to deal effectively with College faculty, students, administrators, and staff, as well as various outside organizations and agencies in enforcing key College academic policies
• Experience, background, and/or demonstrated knowledge in competency-based education and transcription, including extended transcripts
• Experience in working with high education-high school dual enrollment/ dual degree programs
• Strong interest in being an advocate for both faculty and students through direct and indirect interaction, i.e., procedural and systems development
• Excellent communication, leadership and organizational skills
• Experience managing complex records systems and computer systems development in a registrar’s office or admissions office
• Successful supervisory experience in a people-oriented environment
• Excellent technical, analytical, and problem-solving skills
• Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Business or Administration with progressive experience in a registrar/student services functional capacity within a higher education institution; Master degree preferred.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity
Hanson Canada supports requests for accommodation from applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. If you require an accommodation, please contact Human Resources to make arrangement. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or any other legally-protected factors.
Please be advised only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Your application was submitted successfully.